This Friday, April 13 will be proton beam #15 getting me almost 1/2 way done. The Oncologists are pleased with my current progress and do expect that the side effects will get tougher (red skin, hair thinning, inner ear pain, hearing loss & tiredness) as the treatments continue because radiation is accumulative.
All side effects that I will gladly embrace and learn to live with as the rare salivary gland carcinoma is permanently removed from my body.
In this post I’d like to leave the week with 5 more quotes that I received that continue to resonate with me and thought they might resonate with you as well:
- “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do”. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt (shared from Elaine Goodwin – Thank you!)
2. “It is from our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light” ~Aristotle (Bob’d Journal collection)
3. A HERO- is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles. ~Christopher Reeves (shared by Kathy McCormack and I believe she was referring to Barbara – Thank You!)
4. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear” ~George Addair (shared from Steve Patscott- Thank you!)
ps: FEAR = False Education Appearing Real
5. “When there are no words…know that the silences are carrying the thoughts and prayers of all who love you” ~Dawn Dais (Bob’s Journal collection)
We are so blessed to have so many people praying for Barb and I. Your texts, e-mails, cards ,videos mean so much to use…please keep them going. Many of you have asked for an address and here is it:
Our New Address in Boston from the time of April 13 to May 18 is:
Watermark Kendall West Building
350 3rd Street, Apartment 1311 Cambridge, MA 02142
WE rented a 2 bedroom apartment that is a 10-15 minute walk to Mass General over the Longfellow bridge as having a closer proximity will be important as the side effects compound and make it a bit more challenging to get around.
Thanks again for the plethora of thoughts and prayers. 3 weeks down, 5 to go!