All 33 Proton Beams are now complete!!! Hooray!!! It’s been one heck of a journey and the Dr’s are pleased. Barb has been awesome throughout the entire journey as we all knew she would be!
Here are 15 things I learned from my medical journey that I would like to share with you! I’ve categorized them by Head, Hand & Heart.
HEAD- how I thought about things
- Positivity and humor accelerate the healing
- Look for the silver linings as they are in abundance and hidden in the smallest of places
- Keep your eye on the prize which is short term healing for long term health
- If adversity unexpectedly hits you, it’s better for you to define it versus letting it define you
- Go in with a positive headset and be resilient
HAND- how I did things
- Cut people slack as we don’t know the hidden burdens that people quietly carry
- Early detection is key and then moving with experienced Dr’s is an advantage
- Let others help you as it really helps them
- Don’t forget the power of sharing your story with others as both sides benefit
- Recognize when you get great service and thank them to reinforce it
HEART- how I felt of how I inspired others
- Enormously love your caregivers
- Be grateful every day and really value the power of prayer and meditation
- Life is precious and short so live every day to the fullest and take nothing for granted
- Appreciate what you have in life right now
- Hope for the best and mentally prepare yourself for any challenges
I hope at least one of these sheds some new light into the powerful lives your are living.
Thank you for your incredible support and to great days ahead! Bob & Barb